Hardik Pandya’s Reply to Ravi Shastri at Toss Goes Viral Before MI vs KKR IPL 2026 Clash

Hardik Pandya’s confident response to Ravi Shastri during the toss ceremony before Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders in IPL 2026 went viral as KKR chose to bowl first at Eden Gardens.

Kolkata, May 20, 2026: Hardik Pandya’s response to former India head coach Ravi Shastri during the toss ceremony grabbed attention ahead of Mumbai Indians’ IPL 2026 clash against Kolkata Knight Riders at Eden Gardens on Wednesday.

After winning the toss, KKR skipper Ajinkya Rahane elected to bowl first in a must-win encounter for the Kolkata franchise, which is still fighting for a playoff spot. Mumbai Indians, on the other hand, have already been knocked out of the tournament.

During the toss presentation, Ravi Shastri asked Hardik whether Mumbai Indians were now competing only for “pride” after their elimination from the playoff race. Pandya’s composed and confident reply quickly became a talking point among fans online.

The Mumbai Indians captain said the team still approaches every match with the intention of winning and maintaining the franchise’s standards. He stressed that MI’s history of success demands professionalism and commitment regardless of their position on the points table.

Pandya also mentioned that Mumbai would have preferred bowling first as well, noting that the pitch appeared to have remained under covers for some time. He added that the side’s focus would remain on playing positive cricket and enjoying the remaining matches of the season.

The game also marked the return of Hardik Pandya and Suryakumar Yadav to the Mumbai Indians playing XI after injury concerns. Pandya confirmed that there were two changes in the side, with “Gaza” also returning to the lineup.

Meanwhile, Rahane admitted that KKR’s season had been inconsistent but praised his players for fighting back strongly in recent matches. The Kolkata captain said the team’s dressing-room atmosphere remained positive despite the pressure of needing victories in both remaining league games.

KKR entered the contest with 11 points from 12 matches and needed a win to stay alive in the playoff race. The franchise retained the same playing XI from its previous outing.

Mumbai Indians fielded a lineup featuring Ryan Rickelton, Rohit Sharma, Naman Dhir, Suryakumar Yadav, Tilak Varma, Hardik Pandya, Will Jacks, Corbin Bosch, Deepak Chahar, Jasprit Bumrah and Raghu Sharma.

Kolkata Knight Riders went in with Ajinkya Rahane, Angkrish Raghuvanshi, Cameron Green, Rovman Powell, Manish Pandey, Rinku Singh, Sunil Narine, Anukul Roy, Kartik Tyagi, Varun Chakaravarthy and Saurabh Dubey.

Next Post

No Comments:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

National News

Education

More News